Monday 25 August 2014

I was unlucky against Southampton –Ideye

West Brom Albion striker Brown Ideye has blamed ill luck for his failure to score in his Premier League debut against Southampton on Saturday.
The Nigerian forward, who joined the Baggies in a club-record signing from Dynamo Kiev in the summer, was a 52nd minute substitute for compatriot Victor Anichebe in the goalless draw at St. Mary’s and admitted he would have loved to score in the game. Continue...

Ideye made an immediate impression and had two chances to put the Baggies ahead.
His back-post header flew just inches wide into the side-netting, before a neat turn inside the penalty area left Maya Yoshida for dead yet Saints goalkeeper Fraser Forster sped off his line to smother quickly.
“It was a good debut but I really wanted to score today (Saturday),” Ideye told Albion Player.
“The first header was close, in my mind it was in, I saw the ball and anticipated a move to the back post, I was unlucky.
“The second chance, I made a great turn but the ‘keeper came out very quickly and it was a good save.”
Ideye was forced to miss the club’s pre-season tour of the US as he waited for his visa application process to complete.
Yet he insists he will soon be operating at 100 per cent.
“We’re getting close to that,” the 25-year-old said.
“I’m always putting targets on myself to make sure I do my best and to try to score every game because, I know that as a striker, a lot depends on you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment