Saturday 16 May 2015

Former Falcons Star Igbo Blasts NFF Over Poor Welfare

Former Super Falcons star Chichi Igbo  has taken to her instagram page express her contempt at the manner female footballers' welfare are treated by the Nigeria Football Federation, a situation that prompted her to quit prematurely. Continue...

“I really miss my girls but definitely not the b***shit., I hope the monkey dey work baboon dey chop business has changed, because our girls deserve much better. It’s crazy how people can keep quiet when we know nothing is right about the treatment those girls get. They are doing way better than the male team but what do they get? 
"Nigeria is a country where people  don’t stand for their rights because they are meant to believe they don’t have one.
Igbo acknowledges that her career was always going to be short-lived.
"I knew I wouldn’t last in the national team because I don’t take sh*t from nobody and I smelled that immediately I walked in.
"I was the youngest in the team during my time but I knew and stood on my rights because I knew nobody from the federation who could threaten me with being dropped which is the reason most of the girls don’t speak up and I can’t say I blame them. 
"I merited every call-up, so knew I spoke up when sh*t wasn’t right. It wasn’t just about the money but the treatment, they’d train us like animals but deprive us of our rights, no respect whatsoever common now.
Igbo wants a change to the ugly situation and adds that there could be a wind of change with her desire to see the positives that will improve the fortunes of female footballers in Nigeria.
"Things won’t change until light is shone on what’s really going on and I’m here with my torchlight. Here is your answer For those asking why I stopped playing for Nigeria," Igbo wrote.
"You wouldn’t know until you been there, it may be ok to most but a big NO for me cos I know my worth. Canada 2015 is just around the corner, I’m rooting for you girls all the way, go make us proud as always. 
"May God continue to strengthen and protect you all as you serve your country wholeheartedly.” she wrote.
However, the Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick has pledged financial windfall to the Super Falcons ahead of the FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada.
The NFF are also planning to have Edwin Okon's team play friendlies ahead of the World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment