Saturday 26 July 2014

Chelsea announce Drogba signing


Didier Drogba will begin his second spell at Chelsea next season after agreeing a one-year deal with Jose Mourinho's side.

 The 36-year-old striker and Blues favourite returns to Stamford Bridge after leaving in 2012 for stints at Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray.
"It was an easy decision - I couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jose again," Drogba said.
"Everyone knows the special relationship I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me."

The Ivorian marksman was named Chelsea's greatest ever player in a poll of fans in 2012 after scoring 157 goals in 341 appearances.Drogba became a free agent upon leaving Galatasaray at the end of last season so there is no transfer fee involved in the deal.
His last act in a Blues shirt was to rifle home the winning penalty in the shoot-out against Bayern Munich that seized the London club's first Champions League crown two years ago.
"My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team," Drogba said.
"I'm excited for this next chapter of my career."


No comments:

Post a Comment